What information do you have that users are interested in searching for and how can you provide it in a way that answers their needs and helps them to move forward?
Is this something that (Google would) want to recommend to other users?
Title tags and meta descriptions
- Avoid duplication in your title tags.
- Aim to have a title and description under 55 and 155 characters respectively.
- Aim for a word count of 300+ words.
- Do NOT duplicate content
Page load times
- Check the size of your images
Check for broken pages
- Google Search Console: Navigate to Crawl, Crawl Errors, “Not Found”
HTTPS vs HTTP
The English Google Webmaster Central office-hours hangout, 22/02/2019 talks about interstitial (pop-up) dialogs resulting in lower SEO rankings.
- an advertisement that appears while a chosen website or page is downloading.
If Google finds a persistent 302 (temporary redirect) for a long period of time, it will start treating it like a permanent redirect. (from English Google Webmaster Central office-hours hangout, 22/02/2019).